Samsung introduces a first in the smartphone world with the launch of their Bada-powered Samsung Wave which will be hitting the local stores on the first week of June.
The Samsung Wave offers a Super AMOLED 3.3″ display that makes the screen pop out with crisp and sharp colors, a Social Hub to bring you closer to your contacts and connections, and Samsung Apps to empower you in using the phone the way you want to.
I was able to try this one out last week and you can read some of my initial thoughts about the Samsung Wave here, things that I like about it actually.
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz, 3G (WCDMA/ HSPA) : 900/2100 MHz
- Display: 3.3″ WVGA (800×480) Super AMOLED with mDNIe
- Camera: 5.0 Megapixel camera w/ LED Flash with a myriad of cool features like Lomo shot, Vintage shot, Geo-tagging, etc.
- Video: HD video playing & recording, 5.1ch Mobile Theater, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV,DivX, XviD Video Editor
- Audio: Music Player with DNSe & SRS Sound Effect, 3.5mm Ear Jack, FM Radio/ Recording
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Memory: 2GB/8GB + microSD (Up to 32GB)
- Size: 118 x 56 x 10.9mm
- Battery: (Standard) Li-Ion, 1,500 mAh
- Value-added Features:
- Integrated Messaging “˜Social Hub’
- Samsung Apps (*Availability of Samsung Apps differs by country)
- TouchWiz 3.0 w/Integrated phonebook, Voice & Motion UI
- Dolfin Browser 2.0 / One Finger Zoom (up to x10)
- A-GPS, On/off Board Navigation(3D Map), LBS
- SMS/ MMS/ Email/ Video Messaging/Exchange ActiveSync
- Accelerator Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- BPP(Basic Printing Profile), OPP(Object Push Profile), PictBridge (USB Printing)
- Offline & No SIM Mode, Voice Command, RSS Reader, Communities & Mobile Widgets
Pricing and Availability: Php19,900. First week of June.