If Twitter is an integral part of your daily life then you may want to get the Twitter app for your BlackBerry pronto. It is still only in public beta but that shouldn’t stop you from downloading and giving it a try.
The Twitter app for the BlackBerry has been improved based on feedback during its limited preview last February. It is now a featured-packed application that allows you do all almost all things you can do with Twitter.
- Push Notifications for Direct Messages. Direct Twitter messages are delivered to the users’ BlackBerry application through the use of BlackBerry® Push technology. When a direct message is received, the user will be notified with a splat on the Twitter ribbon application as well as the home screen icon
- Timeline Support. Users can view the timeline of the Twitter users they are following, the Tweets posted by the users and the replies to the user
- Tweeting and Re-Tweeting. Users can post new tweets, delete tweets, re-tweet (forward), reply to tweets (@Replies), and send direct messages. User can send a tweet to various other options including Facebook®, Email, PIN, SMS, MMS, and BlackBerry® Messenger
- Keyword, User, and Proximity Search
- Tweet Photos
- Trending Topics. Users can view a list of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter, and they are able to click on a topic to bring up a Timeline
- Seamless integration into core BlackBerry Applications. The application is integrated completely into Media, browser, BlackBerry App Worldâ„¢, and message list
- URL Shortening. User can tweet or send direct message of websites from the Browser using URL shrinkage (bit.Ly support)
Users can download the application from BlackBerry App World (in the Test Center) or by visiting mobile.blackberry.com from their BlackBerry smartphones.*
* The Twitter for BlackBerry application is available for BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry OS version 4.5 or higher with at least 64-MB of built in memory (with at least 750KB available).