Here’s a nice iPhone app from the world’s leader of external storage solution. The free WD Photos photo viewer for the iPhone or iPod Touch allows you to view photos stored on the My Book World Edition or WD ShareSpace network drive from anywhere in the world.
Utilizing the WD MioNet remote access service, users can access photos stored on their home network drive from anywhere in the world, safely and securely. No need to choose which photos to sync on your iPhone or upload to online photo storage sites. If it’s in the “œShared Pictures” folder on your My Book World Edition or WD ShareSpace, you can retrieve and view it as long as you have an internet connection. Don’t worry about the file size since there’s an application that runs directly on these WD network drives automatically creates optimized versions of users’ photos ahead of time.
Here are some features of WD Photos:
- Access to all the photos in the “œShared Pictures” folder of users’ My Book World Edition network drives and WD ShareSpace network storage systems
- Photos are automatically resized for perfect viewing on iPhone or iPod touch, leaving originals in full resolution;
- Smart filtering to find the photos you want — view photos by album, folder or all images and search by date, folder name or file name;
- Access previously viewed photos offline;
- E-mail a photo to a friend;
- Assign a photo to a contact;
- Add a photo to the Camera Roll;
- View a slideshow; and,
- Set slideshow duration.
WD Photos photo viewer app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch OS 3.1. I’m sure WD will also develop an iPad version of this photo viewer app.
Click here for more info.