Voodoo is about to release what it claims to be the fastest and largest mobile PC or laptop appropriately called the ENVY U909.
The highlights includes:
- Dual GeForce G70M “Ultra” 256MB
- a WSXGA 19″ display capable of resolutions of up to 1680×1050 pixels
- an AMD Turion ML/MT CPU
- 160GB HDD
- Internal Digital Card Reader 4-in-1
- 8-channel surround sound with 4 embedded speakers and subwoofer
- 8X ENVY DVD+-RW Dual Layer Slot-Load DVD & CD Writer
- gigabit Ethernet + MiniPCI expansion
At 16 pounds and measuring 7.5″ x 12.5″ x 1.75″, this gaming laptop sure weighs like an XPC — it’s like the sumo wrestler of laptops. This looks like Voodoo’s answer to them popular Alienware models, which btw, is being rumored to be acquired by Dell. But that’s another story altogether.
The Envy u909 will be available this April.